I keep thinking it would be nice to have a cocktail each weekend, try out a new recipe. It has taken me quite a long time to get round to it. I had some blackberries in the freezer, picked last autumn, so I made this.
- 4 blackberries
- 1 level teaspoon of caster sugar
- juice of half a lime
- 1 1/2 floz gin
- 1/2 floz creme de mure (blackberry liqueur)
- Soda water (or any carbonated water e.g. from the sodastream, to avoid plastic)
- In the bottom of a tall glass, mix the sugar and lime juice and add the blackberries
- Fill the glass with ice, and add the gin and creme de mure.
- Top up with soda water, and stir. Garnish with a slice of lime.
I have some Tanqueray gin flavoured with lime, so I might try that next time.