This recipe is from Rose Elliot’s book, Vegetarian Pasta. The recipes are fab, the indexing is not, so I don’t use it that often. However, we are having days of scorching weather and fantastic vegetables, so I dived in to the section on quick recipes.
- 400g farfalle, or similar
- 350g mangetout peas
- 2 tbsp good quality olive oil
- Juice and finely shredded rind of 1 lemon
- Black pepper, grated
- A handful of large basil leaves
- Set a large pan of salted water on to boil, add the pasta when boiling, and give it a good swirl so the farfalle don’t stick together. Boil the pasta for around 8 minutes, or follow the guidance on the packaging.
- About a couple of minutes before the end of the cooking time, add the peas.
- Strain the peas and pasta, and return to the warm pan. Add all of the other ingredients, and divide into serving bowls.