This is an excellent recipe for a beach barbecue (ready for when these are allowed). The chops can be put in the marinade in a sealed box, and they are all ready to cook when you get to wherever the barbecue is. I have also defrosted chops whilst marinading them. Not sure if that is allowed but it worked.
- 8 lamb chops
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 10 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp orange peel slivers
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250g plain Greek Yoghurt
- A good pinch of saffron threads in 2 tbsp water.
- Some more lime juice and 2 tbsp melted butter for basting
- Put all of the ingredients in a plastic box with a good lid. Shake them together and marinade for a minimum of 8 hours.
- Under a hot grill, cook the chops for around 3 minutes on each side, basting with melted butter and lime juice.
- OR get the barbecue on, and when it is really hot (around 30 minutes) put the chops on, basting with butter and lime juice, and cook for around 3 minutes on each side.
Serve with pitta bread and salad garnished with spring onions and basil.