I have three recipes for green beans with coconut. This is a very easy version.
- 1 lb green beans in 1 inch lengths
- 2oz grated coconut
- 4 tbsp chopped coriander leaf
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- 1 chopped green chilli
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Combine the coconut, coriander, asafoetida, green chilli and salt in a dish.
- Blanch the beans in boiling water for 3 minutes
- In the oil, fry the sesame and mustard seeds together with the cayenne pepper – after about a minute, the seeds will pop, so take them off the heat at that point.
- Add the beans to the mixture, and cook on a low heat until they are tender
- Add the coconut mixture, and serve