This is my version of a greek salad, it is quick to make and one of my favourites. I don’t usually refer to a recipe, so it is probably not that authentic. It has a lot in common with the Persian summer salad.
- Half a cucumber
- About the same weight of cherry tomatoes
- About four or five spring onions
- A small little gem lettuce
- 50g feta cheese
- Kalamata olives
- Oregano or chive flowers
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Line a large salad bowl with lettuce leaves
- Dice the cucumber, chop the onions, cut up the tomatoes and add them to the bowl, in layers with the tomatoes on the top.
- Add the olives and crumbled cheese, and garnish with herbs.
- Just before serving, season and add a drizzle of olive oil.