I was baking for a coffee morning for the Uist Coastal Rowing Club. We are raising funds to build a new skiff, and we raised over £700, which is amazing. I made quite a lot of biscuits as they are easy to serve.
- 125g butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 125g self-raising flour
- Cream the butter and sugar together
- Add the ginger and flour and work into a stiff dough.
- Divide into 24 small balls, and space out onto ungreased baking trays.
- Bake at 130C for 45 minutes
- Lift onto a wire cooling rack when they are done.