Delicious, cheap, easy, vegan, quick, filling. Not much more to say.
- 2 small onions
- 1 head of celery
- Olive oil for frying
- Olive oil for serving (best quality that you can get)
- 1 400g borlotti beans, drained (this can be substituted, but I love borlotti beans)
- 1 litre stock
- salt and black pepper, freshly ground
- Chop the onions and celery, and fry in olive oil in a large pan over a low heat, until soft; don’t brown the vegetables
- Add the other ingredients, bring to the boil, and then cover to simmer for 20 minutes
- Season, and roughly blend with a soup wand. Add a little water if the soup is too thick.
Serve with a swirl of posh olive oil to each bowl, and a slice of brown bread on the side.